This is a winter seasonal position (September - March) with full-time or part-time availability as a ski specialist for Pioneer Midwest ski shop. The position has flexible hours with some weekend hours required. Shop hours are 10am-8pm shifts can vary depending on sales and event schedules.
- Responsibilities include a wide variety of ski-related tasks and services including helping customers fit gear, packing and shipping online orders, and ski service (waxing, binding mounting, pole cutting, etc.).
- Customer service and communication is required, we strive for customer education on all of their products and skiing questions.
- Help maintain a clean and organized storefront.
- Communicate and work with store managers to organize and ensure timely service times on all service work that comes through the shop through our point of sale system.
- Email and call customers as needed.
- Communicating effectively and relaying shop updates when not working directly with store managers.
- Time management and self-starting.
- Teamwork with other employees.
- General knowledge of basic tools and equipment (drills, irons, etc.).
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and ability to work with a team.
- Strong communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Cross country ski service knowledge.
- Experience with tools and power tools.
- Retail sales experience.
- General Knowledge of outdoor industry (cross country skiing preferred).
- Discount on all cross-country ski-related goods and services.
- Competitive wage with room for growth.
- Comprehensive training on ski and racing service from world cup technicians.
- A fun interactive work environment with a fast pace.
- Achieved a High School Diploma or higher.
How to ApplyApply via our website at https://pioneermidwest.com/pages/join-our-team and please send your resume via email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with a note on why you would like to work with us here at Pioneer Midwest.